Friday, May 26, 2006

LUBAVITCH BREAK AWAY MOVEMENT?

Posted at mentalblog.com (thread: New/old Chabad stream? ) in response to a proposal made by a commenter stating that there should be a "break away" movement from mainstream Lubavitch due to the current "failings:"

Do you honestly think that paying lip service to yiras shomaim, learning & davening in a "break away" group will somehow magically work better than the lip service paid to those ideas in the current group? Do you actually know a large group of people who practice those values themselves but are having a hard time transmitting them to their children? I will submit to you that parents who personify those values are seeing the same in their children. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between.

My point: Those that embody the abovementioned values already, do not need to break away. Those that do not - braking away will not help them.

I do strenuously disagree with you on this item from you list: "No more bochrim shlichus".The Rebbe wanted this shlichus! And it is the most potent maturing & eye-opening experience these kids will ever have before they enter adult life!

berl, crown heights 04.04.05 - 10:45 pm Link: #

---

And this one from: Lubavitch ministry of education

...And while I feel that a separate Chabad "group" as neither desirable nor practical, I predict that new חדרים וישיבות בדרך ישראל סבא חב"ד will spring up all over the map. It is already happening as we speak.
berl, crown heights 04.07.05 - 1:55 am Link: #

...As for me - I feel that Chabad International is the Rebbe's baby - I am going to stick around, come what may. (Although of late I am constantly investigating & re-evaluating my assumptions about the Rebbe’s specific positions on things, as I said.) I also have a feeling that we are not all looking for the exactly same thing. I am interested in my kids growing up למדנים, פנימים ומקשרים but I am not interested in the purely "old-fashioned version" of anything. I really believe that like every time, our time also demands its own ("new") language to express these timeless ("old") ideas. And I am fascinated to watch the kids looking for this language. If this is too "New-Age", so be it.
berl, crown heights 04.07.05 - 2:36 am #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my Stats