Tuesday, July 11, 2006

PARTING WORDS

Posted here yesterday (Thread: The rest is up to you):


At 4:32 PM, berl, crown heights said...

While I agree with ESOB in terms of better time usage for Mekushor, I am left wondering – who in the world thinks they actually have a stake in the publication of my comments?

Actually, I have a pretty good hunch who that might be...
So let them get this: my writings belong only to me – you (and you know who you are) have no say in this matter.

* * *
As to the future of the Berl Yeimi:

The overwhelming majority of people that I've heard from tell me that I should give this undertaking up (and use my time better). I admit that they have a point - but I say, "All work and no play make Mekoshor a dull fellow."
Nevertheless, I have decided to bring it to a close. The Berl Yeimi will live on - but you'll just have to do the work yourself.
Zol enk alle habben lange, gutte, gezunte, chassidishe yohrin.
:-)

- Mekushor

6 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

May I make some corrections? I just can't help myself.

1) "zol enk" should be "zolt ihr", "habben" should be "hobben", and there should be a "un" (און) before the "Chassidishe".

2) "give this undertaking up" should be "give up this undertaking", but you knew that.

3) "use my time better", although technically not wrong, should be "make better use of my time".

No need to thank me.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger MEKUSHOR said...

Thanks Hirshel

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I really enjoyed your balanced, unapologetic opinions on Lubavitch. With so many mishugoyim around it was nice to go to a good place, even when I waste my time.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I wish you wouldn't end it. Berl is the only unapologetic yet non-propogandized and clearly enunciated source of Chabad thinking online today. The end of ths likut-blog would be a loss for the Jewish blogging world.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger MEKUSHOR said...

Thanks Anon & Yehupitz.
If you'd like, you can post (here) comments that you like, and I'll put them up as new threads...

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Editor said...

I hope your resignation is just like Tzemach's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View my Stats